INSTRUCTOR: Sue Cecere, PT, MHS is the owner of Sequoia School Based Therapy Solutions, LLC, a consulting company that supports districts, agencies and therapists in the practice of school-based therapy services by providing mentoring, professional development and administrative support. Sue’s career has spanned 25 years in the school based and early intervention practice settings both as a service provider and program administrator. She is an active member of APTA’s Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy, where she has co-authored several fact sheets on school practice issues and served as its vice president for 8 years.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITE: We highly recommend you have watched the Dosing Concepts for the School-based Practitioner: Considerations and Strategies to Apply to Practice before watching this webinar.
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 3 concepts for making school-based dosing decisions
- Determine 2 uses of a dosing tool to support decision-making on the amount of therapy support needed by a student to meaningfully participate in their education
- Identify a strength and a limitation for 2 school-based dosing tools
- Dosing Concepts Review
- Utilizing the CERT, the DRRT and the APTA Dosing Manual on a Case Study
- Identifying Strengths and Limitations of the 3 Dosing Tools
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).