Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
Lauren Holahan, PhD, OT/L has 20+ yrs experience in school-based practice as an OT, a district administrator, and a statewide consultant for OT. She currently serves as Coordinator for State Systemic Improvement Plan (Indicator 17), School Mental Health & Medicaid with the NC Department of Public Instruction. She also served as the Chair of NC Board of Occupational Therapy from 2008 to 2012.
Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT has had the pleasure of working in the realm of pediatrics, including school-based, multi-disciplinary clinics, research, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently practices in the Harford County Public Schools in Bel Air, Maryland. Carly was a faculty mentor in the pediatric residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute responsible for the school-based and muscular dystrophy components. Carly is passionate about forming meaningful relationships with children and families she serves and offering creative evidence-informed therapy services.
Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD has over 17 years of experience in school-based practice and is a state-level PT consultant for public schools. She is a co-author and co-publisher of www.SeekFreaks.com, an evidence-based online resource for pediatric PTs, OTs, and SLPs. She also consults for Medicaid and Adapted Physical Education for her state and is an Associate Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD is a Professor of Physical Therapy at Texas Woman’s University in Dallas, Texas. Her research focuses on examining and identifying effective service delivery models to improve activity and participation in children and youth with cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. She served as co-investigator in the multi-site Move & PLAY and On Track research studies examining developmental trajectories of children with cerebral palsy. She has published widely and has presented extensively at the regional, national, and international level.
Erika Buckhouse Hanson, PT has worked in the schools for 18 years. She is a clinical instructor, mentor therapist and special education teachers and course-captain. She co-wrote North Dakota's first-ever Guidelines for Occupational and Physical Therapy in Educational Settings. She has advanced training in the Nurtured Heart Approach®, which she has successfully employed professionally when working with children with challenging behaviors, and privately as a mother of four children, one who struggles with self-regulation. Erika is published author on Scary Mom and Fargo Mom Collective.
Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
Patti Sharp, OTD, MS, OTR/L is a certified CO-OP Instructor, and OT at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). She co-leads the Developmental Coordination Disorder Community of Practice at CCHMC. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati. She works with children and youth with DCD, ASD, CP, SCI, TBI, orthopedic and neurologic injuries, and developmental delay. She also previously worked in neurorehabilitation and burn units. Patti is excited to share her passion for evidence-based practices with her therapy colleagues.
CLICK BELOW FOR DETAILS ABOUT EACH WEBINAR
Webinar 1: Evidence-based Practices for Indirect and Direct Services with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP
Webinar 2: Predicting the Future to Plan the Now! Using Prognosis in Cerebral Palsy with Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD
Webinar 3: Developmental Coordination Disorder - Management of Children with DCD with Patti Sharp OTD, OTR/L
Webinar 4: Sensory Processing and Behavior: Autism with Lauren Holahan, PhD, OT/L
Webinar 5: Video Modeling with Erika Buckhouse Hanson, PT
Webinar 6: Acquired Brain Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury with Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT
Webinar 7: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy with Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT
Webinar 8: Jump-Start Their Futures with Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD
Webinar 9 : Maintaining Educational Relevance in Teletherapy with Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA
Bonus Webinar (groups of 2 or more): Telehealth in Pediatrics with Carly Matichak Stock, PT, DPT
Up to 15.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who attend this symposium
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL and NY, and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and by AOTA (See AOTA Imprimatur under each webinar for approval details).
- This symposium is approved for for PTs and PTAs in AR, CA, NJ (#2011-01) and OH (#20S2179)
- These PT state boards accept approval by other states boards, other state associations, or AOTA: AK, AZ, DE, FL, HI, IN, KY, MI, MT, NC, ND, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for PTs and PTAs: AL, CO, CT, GA, IA, KS, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, and WA.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
- For each webinar, learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. You may take each post-test up to three (3) times; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
- You will have access to this course for 3 months.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
- If you are an employee of New York City, please take note that due to conflicts of interest, Webinar 6: Self-Monitoring Strategies will be substituted with Webinar 6: Play to Their Strengths! Strengths-based Approach to Assessment & Interventions with Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP.
Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.