INSTRUCTOR: Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected:
- Determine the efficacy of 3 interventions for social participation in individuals with ASD
- Determine the efficacy of 3 interventions for self-regulation in individuals with ASD
- Identify the proper application of at least 2 evidence-based strategies for social participation and/or self-regulation for students with ASD
- Social Participation Interventions: 48 minutes
- Self-Regulation Interventions: 55 minutes
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).