INSTRUCTOR: Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD is a Professor of Physical Therapy at Texas Woman’s University in Dallas, Texas. Her research focuses on examining and identifying effective service delivery models to improve activity and participation in children and youth with cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. She served as co-investigator in the multi-site Move & PLAY and On Track research studies examining developmental trajectories of children with cerebral palsy. She has published widely and has presented extensively at the regional, national, and international level.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Advanced
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 3 common impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions of children with cerebral palsy.
- Select 2 valid and reliable measures to inform prognosis of children with cerebral palsy.
- Select 2 prognostic resources that can inform intervention planning to promote participation in ADLs, play and leisure, education, and other meaningful activities.
- Common Presentation of CP
- Tests and Measures
- Prognostic Research and Resources
- Case Application
- Intervention Research
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).