INSTRUCTOR: Jennifer Wissinger, PT, DPT serves early intervention and preschool children in Columbus, OH. She is a Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy with over 15 years of experience practicing in public schools (preschool through high school), county board of developmental disability programs for adults, home health care, and early intervention. She has served as an instructor in the pediatric curriculum in the physical therapy program at Ohio State University, a mentor in a pediatric residency program, and in leadership roles in the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy. She enjoys engaging learners of all levels to use evidence and to work collaboratively in teams to serve children and their families.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Beginner/Introductory
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Distinguish one key characteristic of each step in the coaching cycle applied to a case example
- Differentiate an example of coaching from traditional patient education in a case application
- Select an intervention activity that fits within the coaching framework for planning a therapy session in a case example.
- Coaching as a Strategy
- Joint Plan/Setting the Stage
- Observation and Opportunities to Embed
- Action-Practice/Problem Solving
- Reflection and Feedback
- Review and Joint Planning
- Practice and Generalization
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).