INSTRUCTOR: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of this course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 procedural requirements for determining a student’s need for related services under IDEA
- Determine 3 questions that the IEP team should discuss when deciding a student’s need for related services under IDEA
- Background: Commonalities across Practice
- 2 Procedural Requirements and 5 Questions to Consider for Provision of Services Under IDEA
- Case Study
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).