INSTRUCTOR: Patti Sharp, OTD, MS, OTR/L is a certified CO-OP Instructor, and OT at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). She co-leads the Developmental Coordination Disorder Community of Practice at CCHMC. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati. She works with children and youth with DCD, ASD, CP, SCI, TBI, orthopedic and neurologic injuries, and developmental delay. She also previously worked in neurorehabilitation and burn units. Patti is excited to share her passion for evidence-based practices with her therapy colleagues.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITE: Knowledge of the screening, assessment and identification of children with possible DCD in accordance with the DSM-5. If you do not possess this knowledge, watch DCD-Assessment.
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 features of task-based interventions
- Select 2 task-based interventions that have been shown to be effective in helping children with DCD perform ADLs, play and leisure or other meaningful activity
- Determine 2 strategies for the CO-OP Approach and Neuromotor Task Training that a therapist can incorporate into their current interventions.
- Evidence on Interventions for children with Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- The CO-OP Approach and Neuromotor Task Training
- 6 Strategies to Incorporate in Your Interventions Right Away
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and AOTA (See imprimatur below for details).