INSTRUCTOR: Patti Sharp, OTD, MS, OTR/L is a certified CO-OP Instructor, and OT at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). She co-leads the Developmental Coordination Disorder Community of Practice at CCHMC. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Cincinnati. She works with children and youth with DCD, ASD, CP, SCI, TBI, orthopedic and neurologic injuries, and developmental delay. She also previously worked in neurorehabilitation and burn units. Patti is excited to share her passion for evidence-based practices with her therapy colleagues.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITE: Knowledge of the screening, assessment and identification of children with possible DCD in accordance with the DSM-5. If you do not possess this knowledge, watch DCD-Assessment.
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Select 2 strategies that is supported by evidence for teaching motor skills for children with DCD
- Identify 2 key characteristics of at least 1 evidence-informed strategy for teaching motor skills for children with DCD
- Determine the application of 2 strategies on a given case study of a child with DCD who is learning a skill in ADL, play, education and other meaningful areas
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) Review
- Evidence for Application via Virtual Services
- Video Series Case Studies: Applying the 6 Strategies to Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- Lessons to Bring into In-Person Services
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY and AOTA (See imprimatur below for details).