INSTRUCTOR: Alyssa LaForme Fiss, PT, PhD is a Professor of Physical Therapy at Texas Woman’s University in Dallas, Texas. Her research focuses on examining and identifying effective service delivery models to improve activity and participation in children and youth with cerebral palsy and Down syndrome. She served as co-investigator in the multi-site Move & PLAY and On Track research studies examining developmental trajectories of children with cerebral palsy. She has published widely and has presented extensively at the regional, national, and international level.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Advanced
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 assessment tools that are appropriate for young children with Down Syndrome
- Determine the application of motor growth curves and probabilities in intervention planning
- Select 2 intervention strategies that have been shown to promote performance in young children with Down Syndrome
- Overview of Down Syndrome
- Assessment Tools
- Prognosis: Growth Curves and Probabilities
- Goal Setting and Interventions
- Case Study Application
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL.