INSTRUCTOR: Peggy Morris, OTD, OTR/L, BCP is an OT with 30+ years of peds experience in early intervention, private practice & out-patient, but most of her experience & passion is in school-based practice. She coordinates the post-professional MS and OTD programs & school-based certificate program at Tufts University. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics through the AOTA, and a regular SeekFreaks contributor.
With a 2nd Case Study Presented by: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Select a service delivery model that supports an occupation-/participation-based area of interest for a client, given a case scenario
- Identify the plan of treatment sequence that closely adheres to least restrictive environment continuum, given a case scenario
- Determine the service delivery that supports indirect intervention
- Background: Clinical Reasoning Model that Supports Occupation- and Participation-based Practice: 12 minutes
- Applying Evidence to Supports Indirect to Direct Service Delivery Models: 75 minutes
- Flexible Service Delivery Grid: 13 minutes
- 2nd Case Study Application: 25 minutes
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
2 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).