INSTRUCTOR: Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT has had the pleasure of working in the realm of pediatrics, including school-based, multi-disciplinary clinics, research, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently practices in the Harford County Public Schools in Bel Air, Maryland. Carly was a faculty mentor in the pediatric residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute responsible for the school-based and muscular dystrophy components. Carly is passionate about forming meaningful relationships with children and families she serves and offering creative evidence-informed therapy services.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify at least two questions to ask during the decision-making process
- Choose progress points to analyze for decision making of ESY
- Identify an example of a critical life skill that should be taken into consideration for ESY
- Overview of Extended School Year
- Decision Making Progress
- Assessment of Need
- Intervention During Extended School Year
- Reduction of the "Slide"
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).