From Home Exercises to Child-Led Home Activity Programs
So, you prescribed a home program…how is the carry over?
The effectiveness of our interventions is determined not just by what we do in our treatment sessions, but also the amount of practice that occurs after. How can we make home programs less of a chore and a struggle?
Amy presents an evidence-informed 6-step approach to the creation, implementation and monitoring of child-led home activity programs, using the mnemonic “ENGAGE for Success.” She will utilize real-life case studies of children from elementary to high school to demonstrate various strategies, tools, and resources that you can utilize for each step to support children’s engagement. Participants will discover how this child-led approach to home programs can promote, not just carryover, but also such skills as problem-solving, self-advocacy, goal-setting and decision-making…all necessary skills for children with disabilities to grow up to be self-determined, self-motivated and successful adults.
Closed captioned in English!
BONUS: PRACTICAL TOOLKIT - Cheat Sheet: ENGAGE for Success: the 6 Steps; Template: My Plan; Monitoring Chart My Home Activity Program; Song and Lesson Plan: "I Am Making a Decision"
BONUS for 1st 30 Attendees - Executive Functions Problems Checklist
Questions regarding payment or purchase order? Email Carlo at [email protected]
What therapists say about Amy's courses
"Useful information and love the focus on incorporating students more in the goal setting and monitoring process. I have several students that would benefit from this."
- PT with 26 years experience
"This is an amazing course. I will begin using this with my students."
- OT with 29 years experience
"Love this topic! Can start using tomorrow!"
- PT with 15 years experience
INSTRUCTOR: Amy Coopersmith, MOT, OTR/L, MA, Ed worked as an OT Supervisor, clinician and evaluator for the NYC Department of Education for 17 years. She is also a prolific lyricist, writing songs about Children’s Self-Determination and Mental Health. She is passionate about promoting children’s self-determination and has provided workshops at national conferences and online learning communities. Previously, Amy taught Pediatric Assessment and Treatment at Mercy College and worked for ten years as a teacher in New York City. When you ask Amy about a children’s mental health topic, she’ll tell you, “I’ve Got A Song for That!”
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 3 benefits of child-led home activity programs leading to client’s progress and participation in education, ADLs, play and leisure, and other meaningful activities.
- Identify three ways to partner with a child to develop a personalized child-led home activity program to increase their independence and goal attainment.
- Determine 3 ways to modify the process of creating a child-led home activity program for different client populations.
- Home Programs: Evidence and Benefits
- Home Exercises vs. Child-led Home Activity Program
- The 6-Step “ENGAGE for Success” Approach
- Case Studies
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).
- This course is approved for PTs and PTAs in AR and CA.
- These OT state boards accept approval by AOTA, other state boards or associations: AL, AK, AR, DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA and WI.
- These PT state boards accept approval by other states boards or AOTA: AK, AZ, DE, HI, IN, KY, MI, MT, NC, ND, OR, PA, RI, TN, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for OTs and OTAs: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, ME, MA, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX UT, VT, WA, WV, WI and WY.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for PTs and PTAs: AL, CO, CT, GA, IA, KS, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, and WA.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
Learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. Five (5) post-test retakes are allowed; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
- You will have access to this course for at least 60 days.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
- Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.
Example Featured Products
Showcase other available courses and coaching products you’re selling with the Featured Products block to provide alternatives to visitors who may not be interested in this specific course.