INSTRUCTOR: Amy Coopersmith, MOT, OTR/L, MA, Ed worked as an OT Supervisor, clinician and evaluator for the NYC Department of Education for 17 years. She is also a prolific lyricist, writing songs about Children’s Self-Determination and Mental Health. She is passionate about promoting children’s self-determination and has provided workshops at national conferences and online learning communities. Previously, Amy taught Pediatric Assessment and Treatment at Mercy College and worked for ten years as a teacher in New York City. When you ask Amy about a children’s mental health topic, she’ll tell you, “I’ve Got A Song for That!”
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify at least 3 components of self-determination that can promote child’s participation in academics, self-care and play/leisure.
- Select 3 methods to incorporate self-determination into pediatric sessions.
- Determine 3 ways to utilize effective questioning to promote children’s independence and awareness.
- Components, Research and Strategies
- The Questioning Mindset
- Case Studies
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).