INSTRUCTOR: Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD has over 17 years of experience in school-based practice and is a state-level PT consultant for public schools. She is a co-author and co-publisher of www.SeekFreaks.com, an evidence-based online resource for pediatric PTs, OTs, and SLPs. She also consults for Medicaid and Adapted Physical Education for her state and is an Associate Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill. Laurie is the chair of the APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapists’ School-based Special Interest Group.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 3 key considerations for post-secondary transition
- Determine 3 predictors for promoting college, career and independent living that a related service provider can influence
- Select 2 assessment tools aligned with post-secondary transition outcomes of college, career or independent living on a given case scenario
- Post-Secondary Transition Under IDEA
- Best Practices in Post-Secondary Transition
- Community Engagement and Independent Living
- Continued Learning and Education
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
2.0 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).