INSTRUCTOR: Laurie Ray, MPT, PhD has over 17 years of experience in school-based practice and is a state-level PT consultant for public schools. She is a co-author and co-publisher of www.SeekFreaks.com, an evidence-based online resource for pediatric PTs, OTs, and SLPs. She also consults for Medicaid and Adapted Physical Education for her state and is an Associate Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill. Laurie is the chair of the APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapists’ School-based Special Interest Group.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 differences between IDEA and Section 504
- Determine 2 considerations for providing services under Section 504
- Determine 2 proactive strategies to comply with FERPA
- Section 504 (and ADA) vs. IDEA
- FERPA vs. HIPAA
- Application in School-based Practice
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).