INSTRUCTOR: Sandra Saavedra, MS, PT, PhD is a pediatric researcher and Associate Professor at the University of Hartford. She has more than 25 years of clinical experience as a pediatric PT, and is a national leader in researching, teaching and applying segmental principles to treatment of posture impairments in infants all the way to older children, from those with mild to severe disabilities. She played a major role in the refinement and validation of the Segmental Assessment of Trunk Control (SATCo). She works with various clinical and school-based settings to apply SATCo principles to assessment, interventions, selection of adaptive equipment and measuring outcomes.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 2 examples of how using the SATCo can promote a child’s function and participation in meaningful activities
- Determine 3 important testing techniques when using the SATCo
- Select the correct SATCo score and level of trunk control based on a completed SATCo score form
- Why Use SATCo?
- Test Procedures
- Common Tester Errors & Compensations
- Scoring and Interpretation
- Psychometric Properties
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).