INSTRUCTOR: Amy Coopersmith, MOT, OTR/L, MA, Ed worked as an OT Supervisor, clinician and evaluator for the NYC Department of Education for 17 years. She is also a prolific lyricist, writing songs about Children’s Self-Determination and Mental Health. She is passionate about promoting children’s self-determination and has provided workshops at national conferences and online learning communities. Previously, Amy taught Pediatric Assessment and Treatment at Mercy College and worked for ten years as a teacher in New York City. When you ask Amy about a children’s mental health topic, she’ll tell you, “I’ve Got A Song for That!”
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify 3 benefits of self-monitoring to the client’s participation in education, ADLs, play and leisure, and other meaningful activities
- Select 3 self-monitoring tools that can be incorporated in therapy interventions
- Determine 3 ways to modify the self-monitoring process for different client populations
- Overview of Self-Monitoring
- Child-Led Goal Setting and Choice Making
- Steps to Implementing a Self-Monitoring Treatment Plan
- Creating Goal Charts, Cards and Graphs to Maximize Children’s Success
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).