INSTRUCTOR: Carly Matichack Stock, PT, DPT has had the pleasure of working in the realm of pediatrics, including school-based, multi-disciplinary clinics, research, outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently practices in the Harford County Public Schools in Bel Air, Maryland. Carly was a faculty mentor in the pediatric residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute responsible for the school-based and muscular dystrophy components. Carly is passionate about forming meaningful relationships with children and families she serves and offering creative evidence-informed therapy services.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs, PTAs, SLPs and Educators
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify at least 2 signs or symptoms of SMA
- Select 2 specific assessments tools to utilize with individuals with SMA
- Identify 2 areas of participation or occupation where therapy interventions can have a positive impact for a client with SMA
- Overview of SMA & Medical Advancements
- Standardized Assessments
- Plan of Care Development
- The Treatment Session
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.0 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).