INSTRUCTOR: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of this course, the learner is expected to:
- Determine 3 areas of participation or occupation that a pediatric therapist should include when determining long-term prognosis
- List 3 prognostication factors for post-school outcomes of children with disabilities
- Identify 3 critical periods of acquisition for children with disabilities
- Prognostication Strategy
- Backward Planning
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).