INSTRUCTOR: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: PTs and PTAs or others who would like to learn about these tests
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of this course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify at least 3 tests and measures for children with moderate to severe physical disabilities
- Determine the rationale for the use of at least 2 tests and measures for children with moderate to severe physical disabilities
- Interpret the results of at least 2 tests and measures as they pertain to functions in the school, home and community on given case scenarios
- Why We Use Tests and Measures
- Tests and Measures for Mobility, Wheelchair Operation, Balance, Endurance and Pain; GAS
- Utilizing Tests and Measures: Case Studies
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN and IL.
- This webinar is approved for PTs and PTAs in AR, CA and TX ( Approval #74279TX).
- These OT state boards accept approval by other states: AL, AK, MI, MS, PA, VA and DC.
- These PT state boards accept approval by other states boards, other state associations, or AOTA: AK, AZ, DE, FL, HI, IN, KY, MI, MT, NC, ND, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WI, WY and DC.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for OTs and OTAs: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, ME, MA, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX UT, VT, WA, WV, WI and WY.
- These states do not require pre-approval of courses or have no CE requirements for PTs and PTAs: AL, CO, CT, GA, IA, KS, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, and WA.
- If you would like to obtain CEUs for another state, please email us.
Learners must watch the video and complete course requirements, including scoring 70% or higher in the post-test to receive a certificate. Five (5) post-test retakes are allowed; if you exceed this limit, please email us.
- You will have access to this course for at least 60 days.
- There is no cancellation once course is purchased. Please email us if you have any questions.
Apply EBP, LLC abide by all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Apply EBP, LLC is committed to equal educational access for individuals with disabilities. Apply EBP, LLC does not discriminate against any individuals with disabilities from registering or attending any of our courses. We work closely with venues to ensure that facilities utilized are accessible. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact us via email or phone (646-269-9039) with requests for accommodations. Apply EBP, LLC will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations.