INSTRUCTOR: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of the course, the learner is expected to:
- Identify the 2 appropriate ways of assessing motor learning
- Describe the latest evidence with regards to at least 5 motor learning principles
- Determine ways to incorporate 3 motor learning principles into the home, community or school environment to promote ADLs, mobility, play & leisure or work skills.
- Background: Motor Learning and Assessment: 25 minutes
- Motor Learning Principles: 63 minutes
- Post-test: 10-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
1.5 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, NY, and AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).