INSTRUCTOR: Carlo Vialu, PT, MBA served as Director of Physical Therapy for the NYC Department of Education, where he oversaw a program with over 700 PTs working in more than 1,500 schools. He is project manager of research on normative data for five mobility tests for school-aged children, & co-founder of www.SeekFreaks.com.
AUDIENCE: OTs, PTs, OTAs and PTAs
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate
At the completion of this course, the learner is expected to:
1. Identify 3 assessment tools that can be completed by the child/youth and/or parent to describe their preferences, motivations and goals.
2. Select a combination of 3-4 tests and measures across the different domains of the ICF to help determine the need for therapy services.
3. Interpret the results of at least 4 tests and measures across the different domains of the ICF on given case scenarios.
4. Determine how 3 body function and structure assessment tools can help determine potential contributing factors to a client’s participation or occupation on given case scenarios.
5. Determine 2 elements of documentation of an assessment using an ICF-based approach.
- 16 Modules, see above images
- Post-test: 20-item multiple choice. 70% correct answers required to receive a certificate
12 continuing education hours of training are awarded to learners who complete this course.
- Apply EBP, LLC is an approved provider of CEUs for PTs and PTAs in IL, NY; and for OTs and OTAs in IN, IL, and by AOTA (see imprimatur below for details).